The Bally Gameshow

You likely saw a bunch of posts on this very blog about making circuit boards for a pinball machine.  I realise that there isn't much context for this so here goes:

About 2 years ago now - June 2014 I won a Bally Gameshow Project pinball machine on ebay.  IPDB: http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=985

My intention for this machine was to take out all of the existing circuit boards and replace it with my own hardware and software.  I know I wouldn't be able to make it work the same as original, but that's cool - I wanted to make my own game out of it.

This is what it looked like when I got it:
A bit dirty and missing some boards.  The cabinet was in OK condition, and the back-glass was in good nick.
On closer inspection I discovered the remaining boards had actually been butchered and were missing a bunch of chips and some things had been desoldered too.

Future posts (and a couple of previous) detail my work in getting this machine up and running into a playable state.


Comments